Tradewinds Construction – Providing exceptional contracting services since 1988.
Tradewinds Construction is a unique and successful construction company that can boast of a proud and distinguished track record that stretches back to when the company was founded. Based in Southern Nevada, Tradewinds Construction now features expanded operations in the Reno, Nevada, and southern California markets.
Tradewinds Construction offers its clients outstanding economies of scale in the construction process by virtue of housing four separate operating divisions under one roof, a rarity in the construction business. This operational business model allows us to offer extremely competitive pricing in all of its markets, all the while maintaining superior attention to detail, schedule, budget, and jobsite safety.
The four operating divisions of Tradewinds Construction fall into two categories: Subcontracting and Tenant Improvement General Contracting.
- MSD: Tradewinds Construction’s MSD division provides metal stud framing, drywall, painting, and acoustical ceiling services to many of the most successful general contractors in the Southwest. This division offers complete interior and exterior wall and ceiling systems for commercial shell buildings and interiors, including medical/dental, Class A office buildings, office warehouse shells and interiors, hotels, condominiums, and large retail buildings as well as schools, churches, and restaurants. The MSD division is often awarded subcontracts in tandem with our wood framing/panelized roof structure division, thereby covering multiple overlapping scopes of work under the auspices of a single reputable and highly experienced subcontractor.
- Commercial Wood Framing/Panelized Roof Structure: Tradewinds Construction provides many of the general contractors in the Las Vegas area with commercial wood framing and panelized roof structure services. Tradewinds is a local leader in this industry, consistently handling a large volume of commercial rough carpentry services for our many clients. The highly experienced crews of Tradewinds Construction have erected roof structures for big box retail and warehouse/distribution buildings that are common in Las Vegas and the Southwest United States. They have also provided commercial rough carpentry services for many large retail centers, professional office buildings, private schools, and churches. The Tradewinds wood framing division has also completed dozens of freestanding building projects consisting of multiple pad buildings.
- Re-Painting: Tradewinds Construction’s newest subcontracting operation, Tradewinds Painting, was founded in 2009 in order to adapt our subcontracting services to meet the demands of the changing marketplace. Tradewinds offers exterior repainting services for existing high-rise buildings, commercial building repaints, and large multi-family residential apartment and condominium projects throughout the Southwest United States.
Tenant Improvement General Contracting
- Tenant Improvements: Tenant improvement projects more closely resemble subcontracting projects than commercial ground up projects due to their much shorter time frames and limited subcontractor scopes. Tradewinds Construction, with its subcontracting-based business model, excels at delivering exceptional tenant improvement construction services and has successfully completed well over one thousand tenant improvement projects in the Las Vegas Valley over the past three decades.
In addition to the traditional bid/build tenant improvement services offered by Tradewinds Construction, we also provide preliminary space planning and estimating services to commercial property owners, expanding or relocating business owners, and real estate professionals long before leases have been signed. We also routinely provide the working drawings necessary for permit issuance for many of the projects that that we have been involved with.
Tradewinds Construction has the ability to form an effective design/build team which allows our clients the luxury of a one-stop system for their project. Every aspect of the project, from architectural design to tenant build-out, is overseen by our experienced in-house team. We also have the distinct ability to perform many of the subcontracting portions of a project due to our multiple in-house divisions, thus allowing for superior quality control and tighter completion schedules.
- Tradewinds Construction has developed special skills over the past ten years in the construction of solar fields for utility-scale solar power plants and has provided specialized construction services for some of the largest solar power plants operating in the southwestern United States.
- Tradewinds Construction, only when requested by our long-standing clients, has provided ground up construction services for a wide variety of commercial construction projects, ranging in scope from 1 million to 17 million dollars in total.
Tradewinds Construction has always stayed at the forefront of the latest construction techniques and innovations. A prime example of this commitment is that Jeff Vilkin and Robert Phillips, two of the company’s most senior executives, were the first construction professionals in the state of Nevada to earn LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) accreditation in 2003. Developed by the US Green Building Council (USGBC), the LEED certification program was created to help building owners and operators to be environmentally responsible and to use resources as efficiently as possible. Side benefits for LEED certified buildings include reduced energy costs and potential tax incentives from local, state, and federal governments. Since receiving accreditation in 2003, Tradewinds has provided construction services for many LEED certified projects.
Tradewinds Construction typically employs in excess of 200 skilled craftsmen and management personnel, bringing many years of experience to every project. Even during the recent great recession, Tradewinds maintained an employee base of over 100 highly skilled and dedicated personnel. We routinely complete more than 150 subcontracting and tenant improvement projects annually, ranging from routine jobs to sophisticated and complex projects, all the while maintaining our sterling reputation for reliability, integrity, superior quality, safety, attention to detail, and a level of customer satisfaction that is second to none.
Tradewinds Construction carries the following Contractors Licenses in Nevada and California:
C-3 27139A Carpentry unlimited
C-4a 46139 Painting limit five million dollars
B 26746A General Building unlimited
A 77740 General Engineering unlimited
License # 804963
C33 Painting and Decorating
B General Building & Carpentry
A General Engineering
Tradewinds Construction has been recognized as one of Southern Nevada’s best construction firms by the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) and has been honored with their prestigious AQC “Accredited Quality Contractor” designation.
Tradewinds Construction is honored to have been named “Subcontractor of the Year for 2015” by the Associated General Contractors/Nevada Contractors Association (AGC/NCA).
Tradewinds Construction is also proud to be one of a select few Southern Nevada contractors to become multi-year recipients of ABC’s Step Safety Award, regularly achieving Platinum or Gold level certification, the highest levels of safety awarded by the ABC. This repeat award acknowledges our exceptional commitment to jobsite safety, as well as our outstanding safety record over the past three decades.
Tradewinds Construction is a vital and active member of the local community. Our sterling business reputation has led us to holding an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Even more rewarding is that Tradewinds Construction has long been engaged in charitable projects. The company has donated large amounts of money, as well as construction services, over the years to all manner of charities and youth sports teams. We’re proud to be able to give back to our local community and build lasting relationships with our friends and neighbors.